Thursday, October 16, 2008


Press On! Oh, Yea Women of East Long Island!

My favorite class to teach is the Garden of Eden workshop. When I view the quilts at the end of class I always feel like Eve walking through a lush garden... only without the apple and snake.

Each student receives the same colorful fabric kit but each quilt turns out beautifully different. We start out with free-cutting and constructing the flowers. Then we build a background with bias cut leaves and place them on a sunset or sunrise sky.


Here is my Garden of Eden class with the East Long Island Quilters Guild What a fun group! They are located on a stretch of land reaching into the Atlantic Ocean dotted with wineries and pumpkin farms. Eve would have loved the wineries. The pumpkins....I'm not so sure.

5 comments:

Melody said...

I just love it when the whole class has a finished product at the end of the day. Wonderful work, great teacher.

judy coates perez said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
judy coates perez said...

If I took your class there would would be a snake in it ^_^

EileenKNY said...

I'm a new student of the Chicago School of Fusing. I've watched your DVD several times and I am so happy you now have a blog.
I've watched you on TQS and I think your methods are great. I'm going to fuse lots of fabric just so I can play.
I just wish I could take a real life class with you sometime.

Edzellinni said...

OMG! I live on the east end of LI. Now I really have to look into that group. Linda W