Monday, November 10, 2008


Getting the Thread Out
As I prepare for setting up the Artfabrik booth at the Greater Chicago Quilt Festival this week, I am confronted with a pile of thread skeins waiting to be sorted. They remind me of my favorite movie characters: so pretty, so colorful, and so messed up.

It may take several cups of tea, but soon the thread will be sorted, placed on pegs, and ready for sale. Included is my favorite size for hand stitching, Size 8. Perfect for those fine details that are so important on a house fa├žade like that found on Housing Department #17 below. (Sorry, this little quilt is sold. But other neighborhoods are available at my New Quilts page.)

3 comments:

Julia Wood said...

Your houses make me smile.

organicsyes said...

Hi!
I saw you at the Dennos Museum in Traverse City Michigan this Monday...up on the big screen!

Loved your singing...

Will stay connected with you through your blog.
Susan

Exuberant Color said...

That looks like "thread Heaven" to me!

Love your houses quilt.

Good luck at the show.