Saturday, February 21, 2009

Dotty Details
Here's a detail shot of Leaf Motif, my entry into "Celebrate Spring", an exhibit at the April IQF show. The 3/4" dots build a wonderful pattern across the surface. Please note the addition of an orange center in one of the dots, thus making the prized "stuffed olive motif" we all desire.
The green leaf cut-out in the background is the negative of the fabric square from cutting out the Fuse-Fast leaf shapes. This proves that in fusing, nothing goes to waste. Even the cut away fabrics become design elements.

3 comments:

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

Is the blue square in the circle an anchovie in the olive?
K

Faye said...

Hi Laura, I just found your blog and have to tell you how excited I am! A friend just gave me your DVD and I have enjoyed it so much! I'll be checking out your blog often!

Library Gal Quilts said...

Hi Laura, I can't help but notice that those trees look kinda like a small row of irons standing up ready to fuse... Chicago style that is! Pam in Chico