Thursday, March 05, 2009

Inside Yellow
Years ago, when I was just a lass, I purchased a used book on the art work of Pierre Bonnard. His work was imbued with one of my favorite colors, yellow. And he depicted one of my favorite topics, interior scenes.
I became a Bonnard fan and my "yellow period" ensued. (See "Round Table" above.)
So imagine my delight when I recently attended the Bonnard exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC! The exhibit contains his paintings, watercolors, sketches, and personal sketchbooks. It is like discovering an art treasure in the Big Apple.

4 comments:

Carmen Rose said...

Sweet bit of sunshine! Thanks for sharing it!

doctor dave said...

This really reminds me of Vincent Van Gogh's room in his little yellow house in Arles. His interior has the same charming perspective and fresh colors. He's one of my favorite artists.

Bonnie said...

March 22, 2009
Hi Laura,
I left a surprise for you on my blog at http://bonniesamueldesigns.com/blog/?p=303
regarding the Kreativ Blogger Award.
Best to you, Bonnie

tangled stitch said...

This is beautiful. I love the colors!