Monday, March 23, 2009


Welcome to Sitges!
I have just returned from Spain where I taught 2 classes for the wonderful Asociacion Espanola de Patchwork in the lovely coastal city of Sitges. Much to my delight, I discovered the Spanish quiltmakers to be lively and fun, matching their sunny climate.
Here you see the sign at the entrance to my special exhibit of 9 large quilts. This charming old building was packed everyday by viewers from the Spanish Quilt Association as well as other quiltmakers from around Europe. The swirl of languages and activity was fun but exhausting!
More photos and information later. Please forgive my jet lag.

6 comments:

Jane Moxey said...

Ole! How exciting was that trip!! Hooray for you:)

Exuberant Color said...

don't you just love all of those stone buildings and that narrow pathway? Every door and doorway is different.

Melody said...

Wow, what a skinny street. Did you have to navigate it by foot or donkey?
I can't wait for more pics.

lyric said...

WAYYYYY too much fun!
Congratulations and hope you get some sleep!

Angelines Artero said...

To meet you in Sitges was a pleasure, I hope you come back another time. Thanks for your kindness and liking. Regard from Spain

angelabe said...

Volevo farti i complimenti perchè il tuo blog è molto bello!!!