Tuesday, June 02, 2009



Serial Quilter
It seems natural to me to work in a series. I like taking a theme and making variations on that theme when creating art work. Past series categories are blue chairs, housing, and the redoubtable chickens series. Here is my latest idea based upon my garden flowers and the many containers I have to hold and display them. It is called Kay's Bouquets #6. Of course hand stitching with Size 8 thread is most important.

If you are in the Rockford, IL neighborhood on June 4, you can attend my lecture, Diary of a Serial Quilter at the Sinnissippi Quilt Guild meeting at 1:00. The program covers my series work from the past as well as new ideas.

Yes, singing is involved.

3 comments:

Eva said...

I love how the clash of violet and orange is reconciliated by the greens! A piece with all colours in harmony -- perfect boredom.

Beena said...

I really like this, and look forward to seeing more in this series!

suequilts said...

Laura, I like how you quilted or should I say not quilted behind the flowers. To my eye, this makes another frame around the flowers. Thanks for sharing!