Saturday, July 11, 2009

Housing Department #20
Fibrations
One of the organizations I belong to is SAQA, Studio Art Quilt Associates. It's an international group whose mission is to educate and promote the art quilt as an art form. As a SAQA member, I'm eligible to enter many art exhibits that travel the world.

This quilt, Housing Department #20, was recently juried into Fibrations, a traveling SAQA exhibit that premiers at the Yellowstone Quilt Festival in Cody, Wyoming (Sept. 11-13). Then it's off to the Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum in Golden, CO (Nov. 6 - Jan. 31), the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival, Quilt Festival of New Jersey, and the NQA show in Columbus, OH.
Sometimes my quilts travel more than I do. I wonder if they can get frequent flyer miles?

2 comments:

Beena said...

I think it is far better to launch a quilt out into the world, than to have to travel on the airlines these days, anyhow!

What a great quilt to have sent on a journey and to share in such an exhibit! As always, I love the colors and whimsical shapes in your work.

My "salt water taffy" fabric I ordered from you arrived here recently. I keep pulling it out to look at the wonderful colors, and keep auditioning different ideas for it! It's great! Thank you!

Kerri Murphy said...

I saw this yesterday in Long Beach. It is so cute. The exhibit was wonderful.

Kerri
http://crazystitcher.blogspot.com/