Tuesday, October 20, 2009



So Long Houston! Hello Des Moines!
We have returned from a successful International Quilt Festival in Houston where Frieda and I talked our little heads off and my feet expanded 3 sizes in width. Now (because we are crazy quilting gals!) we are packing up for the AQS Quilt Expo in Des Moines, IA.
Frieda will teach while I relax in the booth (#516). Thread was a big seller in Houston as was silk, like this lovely piece above. Don't worry, I'll be adding more from my stock to fill the shelfs at Des Moines. Hope to see you there!

3 comments:

Ruth Anne Olson said...

What a gorgeous piece of silk.

I love your fabrics, I love your threads, and I love the quilts you make using them.

Diana Ramirez said...

I have been gazing lovingly at the threads I bought at your booth in Houston since I got home. Can't wait to use them with some hand stitching in my next quilt. Thanks for the beautiful work!

Wabbit said...

Laura, get some shoes that tie and put orthotics in them for feet that survive the ordeal! Also, changing shoes a couple of times during the day helps.

I love your sense of humor, your quilts, your fabrics, but especially your threads!