Thursday, December 17, 2009


Class Premier

During my down time, I like to develop new classes for students and guilds but mostly I do it for myself. A new class is a challenge and a creative process in itself. It gives me the opportunity to explore new ideas and pretend I know what I'm doing.
Hot off the press is my class Stitch After Fusing. It will premier at the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival in Hampton, VA where I'm teaching February 25 - 27, 2010. The idea behind the class is to make a quick flower quilt, steam set it to the batting, and then bring it to life with hand stitching. Come join me at the class and we'll see if I know what I'm doing.

4 comments:

Maggie Szafranski said...

Sounds like it would be a great class! That's the part that leaves some of us stymied!

Lisa said...

Oh that sounds like a really fun class! Wish I were going to be in VA then. Have fun!

Diane J. Evans said...

I'm smiling because you ALWAYS know what you're doing, Laura -- this latest creation is a delight, and the class sounds wonderful!

Diane

Linda Zokan said...

It sounds like a great class and I'm sure everyone will enjoy it.
Wish I was going to be there.