Sunday, December 06, 2009



One of my favorite Japanese quilt artists is Keiko Goke. Her work is full of color, humor and delightful stitching! And she has a new book out called All My Thanks and Love to Quilting. Although the directions for making some of the quilts are in Japanese, the illustrations and diagrams for construction are really easy to follow.
And you have to check out her new line of fabrics from Yuwa. The Flowers on the Hill design is wonderful! It's good to see beautiful things.



4 comments:

Frieda said...

I love her work too.

Lisa said...

I love that fabric. So bright and happy!

PaMdora said...

She was one of the first art quilters I ever studied, in fact my first 'quilt' I made was sort of a copy of somthing I saw in her book. Couldn't read the instructions, so I sort of winged it.

XUE said...

Today was the last day of the Tokyo Quilt Fest. My 9 yr old daughter & I went there for the 3rd time this week! We bought this same book & Keiko Goke was there to autograph it in person. She was very nice & her assistant took pics of us, with her. And her work are even more spectacular in reality! We are really lucky to be living here.