Saturday, January 23, 2010


Construction Zone
In celebration of the new year, I've started a new set of small pieces. For this round quilt, I'm using my baskets brimming with lots of fused scraps. My fusing table is completely covered with a Teflon sheet so I can fuse right to the table top rather than using release paper. 

The finishing technique I'm using is a Wrapped Binding (directions now available on my web site). When the composition is complete, I peel it off, steam set it to a circle of batting, hand stitch it, and the add Timtex and a backing. Stay tuned and I'll show you the completed project in a few days......maybe.

6 comments:

Sue Bleiweiss said...

Hi Laura, love you work and I'm glad I found your blog. I didn't realize you could buy teflon sheets that large. I would love to get a couple for my studio, would you be willing to share your source?

Jackie said...

That is really great that your whole table is covered with Teflon. I am sure it makes it much easier to fuse. This project looks like great fun, looking forward to seeing more.

Melissa said...

How cute is that! I can see where scraps with fusible already on them are definitely required.

Diane J. Evans said...

It's so much fun to watch you work -- I enjoy seeing photos of your PIPs (Pieces In Progress) -- they give me tons of inspiration. Thanks for sharing them.

Diane

LigiaSwaney0613 said...

如果成為一支火柴,也要點亮一個短暫的宇宙;如果是一隻烏鴉,也要叫疼閉塞的耳膜。 ....................................................

Deborah said...

Laura, Thanks for the chickens! Best regards, Deb