Monday, February 01, 2010

Artfabrik Artists
It's always great to see how artists have used my hand-dyed fabrics or thread in their projects. Above is good example. This quilt by Susan Cleveland uses both my fabrics and size 12 thread (through the needle of the machine for decorative stitches). I suppose I could take a picture just of the quilt. But you should know that it has a place of honor right over my fusing table so I can be inspired by how beautifully she makes her art work.
Another artist combines my fabric with Cherrywood Fabrics. Ruth Ann incorporated bright fabrics from Artfabrik in this beautiful stole. Again more meticulous workmanship. Something I can only dream of.
If you are using Artfabrik threads or fabrics in your art work, please send me a photo. I'd love to see it!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I did see Ruth Anne's work on her blog. Just gorgeous! Susan's work is wonderful and she did a beautiful job incorporating the thread work as well. But of course, your fabric will make any project sing.