Monday, March 29, 2010


Blue Ladder at the Yeiser
Once upon a time, when I was a young girl living on a farm, we had an apple orchard. The apple varieties ranged from Macintosh to Johathan to the intriguing "Prairie Spy". Who was the Praire Spy and why was an apple named for him? The imagination whirls!
Inspired by this mystery spy, I made a Blue Ladder (above) featuring my father's apple orchard. Blue Ladder will be on exhibit at the Yeiser Art Center in Paducah, KY April 3 - May 2, 2010. If you're attending the AQS show, in Paducah, please stop in and see it.




2 comments:

Diane N said...

I think that is such a beautiful piece of art. Just gorgeous!

Michigoose said...

Lovely....I'm wondering if our Northern Spys which we had in Michigan were related...great pie apples and now in the classification of heirloom. :)