Tuesday, March 23, 2010


Pretty Planet
The view from an airplane window always captures my imagination. And this week, as I fly from coast to coast, I'll have plenty of time to enjoy the view. Watching the geography of the central plains evolve into the Rocky Mountains, I set down on the edge of the Pacific Ocean in California. Soon I sling-shot east across the country to teach for a week in the warmth of South Carolina.

As I fly, I daydream about the cities, farms, rivers, and people below. Who lives a the end of those meandering roads? Is that a lake or a plateau? What a pretty planet!

10 comments:

lia-t said...

i love it!!!! wonderful!!!
un saludo desde EspaƱa

sophie said...

What a pretty quilt!

debbi d-w said...

Love this earth (yours, I mean)! It makes me thing of the book title "Patchwork Planet" - Anne Tyler or Anita Shreve? Can't remember, but you should contact them before they do a reissue to offer your artwork for the cover!

Nancy said...

I do the same thing...looking out the airplane window, wondering about the people and their lives, along with all the places I can see. This piece captures it beautifully!

Fiesta said...

Laura, it is beautiful

Fiesta said...

Laura will you be selling this pattern?

judy coates perez said...

so cute!!!

ya said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Diane J. Evans said...

Love, love, love this piece!

Diane

Greenmare said...

that is the best part of flying! I love the views from the window too, and I've always thought about making a quilt picture from that. Of course you would DO it!!! love it!!