Friday, April 30, 2010


Quilting in Colorado
Attending the Denver National Quilt Festival brings you within site of the glorious Rocky Mountains. And although I love the mountains where I was born, the walls of the Denver Merchant Center hold some beautiful sites too. The quality of the quilts on exhibit in this show is really pleasant to behold. And the welcome from the Colorado quilters is warm and friendly.
You can find me teaching Stitch After Fusing today and a half-day version of Tiny Homes on Saturday followed by my lecture Art Quilts: The Musical. Come join me in the mile high city, mountain viewing optional.

5 comments:

susan m hinckley said...

I absolutely adore that Colorado sunset piece! Actually, both of them are really lovely. Colorado is so beautiful. If you combine natural beauty with a great quilter . . . how can you go wrong?

susan m hinckley said...

Wait a minute -- I totally missed that -- "Art Quilts: The Musical". Now THAT sounds like something I'd really enjoy. Next time I run into you, I'm going to insist on a reprise. Good luck!

Lisa said...

So close and yet so far! Hope you have a fabulous time. Are you coming to HMQA in Salt Lake by chance?

Diane J. Evans said...

These two quilts are wonderful, Laura -- they make me feel as though I'm in the mountains!

Diane

Darlee Byron said...

Oranges are so delightful and cheery in this quilt. But then, I like lots of color for quilting!