Monday, May 10, 2010



New Needles for Stitching!
A student from the Tucson Guild recently introduced me to a brand of hand needles I've never worked with before- Richard Hemmings. I don't know who Richard is but his needles are wonderful.
When used with a size 8 pearl cotton thread, the Size 4 embroidery needle glides through the fabric like butter. (Not that I've ever stitched with butter.) The needle eye on the Size 4 is large enough for the thread but the needle shaft is finer than the Size 3 needle I usually stitch with. As a quilt teacher this brings up a point I'm often reminded of: I always learn something new from my students. Thank you!

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Needles are one thing that I always have a difficult time with. Don't know why, but I do like advice on them. Thanks!

judy coates perez said...

So miss Laura, that begs the next question, will you be selling these in the booth or on the website? I could certainly use a pack.

Laura Wasilowski said...

Miss Judy,
You can find the Size 4 needles on my web site. I was just stitching with them using both the Size 12 and Size 8 threads. Perfect!
Visit:
http://artfabrik.com/store/notions.html#sewing