Tuesday, June 01, 2010


Curvy Quilts
If you haven't received a June/July 2010 edition of Quilting Arts Magazine, rush out to your local book store to pick up a copy. There are lots of great articles examining hand stitching on the surface of textiles and an article on page 82 called Small Circular Quilts by moi which also includes hand stitching.

In the article, you'll find directions for creating round quilts like Pretty Planet #5 above. These circular quilts are from my latest series of hand stitched quilts. It's not just about the circle shape for me, its about the idea of loving our planet and how joyous a place it can be!

6 comments:

Cathy said...

I just love your little round quilt! I think we need to start thinking outside the 'box'! :)

Jackie said...

What a sweet little quilt! Love it!

Sewconsult said...

Makes me think of the song, "Love Makes the World Go 'Round". Delightful.
Beckie in Brentwood, TN

偉誠 said...

不勞而獲的事情,並沒有價值......................................................

Lisa said...

I was very excited to see your article when the issue came into my inbox! (I take the esubscription - it comes faster and there is no paper to recycle!) I'm excited to try something round for a change.

donna said...

I was very excited to see your article in Quilting Arts. That magazine is such an inspiration and so are you. Thank you for all the stitches. I love Thursdays. I'm an elementary teacher and my class always enjoys the song What a Wonderful World. Your little round quilts would be a blast to make with kids. Thanks for all you share!