Tuesday, June 29, 2010


New Work to Show
This is the latest in my on going series called Weezie's Wildflowers.  You can see a few others I've added to my Portfolio of New Art work here.

Improvising from my scraps of fused fabrics is my favorite way of creating small art quilts. Those little pieces of fabrics are like dabs of paint for me. You trim up the color shape a little bit, slap it down on a collaged background and build up a design as you go. Stitching the quilt just adds the icing to the cake. Its so much fun being an artist!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Marie said...

I love the freedom and personality of this little flower. I still have too many inhibitions and find myself leaning toward structure. I'm trying though and get closer to my goal each time.

Marie

Frieda said...

As always fun, bright and beautiful.

WoolenSails said...

That is a wonderful piece and great use of fabrics.
I want to do more with art quilts, just need to get organized and spend more time in my sewing room.

Debbie

Jen aka Quiltah said...

Love it! I just got your Fusing Fun book, now that it's summer vacation I hope to jump in and have some fusing fun!