Monday, August 30, 2010

Celebrating Collage Making!

My friend Jenny has graciously lent me this photo of her quilt created in my Color Chip Collage class at Quilt University in Ann Arbor a while back.  In class you make several versions of fused collages like strip fusing (above), bias fusing, patterning, and even weaving. Then use the collages to create your own design of a still life, landscape, portrait, or abstract construction. I never know what students will come up with; my favorite kind of class. Thanks for sharing your work with us Jenny!

4 comments:

Jackie said...

Just beautiful work! How fun to watch your students work progress.

Gayle from MI said...

Hey! I took that class! Too bad mine is still on the design wall. Vast improvement to the plastic tub I rescued it from though huh?

Joanne said...

I really like that ... love collage art!!

WoolenSails said...

Very fun pieces and beautiful colors.

Debbie