Saturday, August 28, 2010

Irish Patchwork Society Visit

Soon you will find me in the lovely land of Ireland (see above)! I'm so happy to report I'll be visiting with members of the Irish Patchwork Society for their show, Q is for Quilt, in Cork. Check out this blog at The Woolly Way of Ireland for more information.
The exhibition of quilts takes place at the Cork Institute of Technology in Bishopstown, Cork.  The opening is on Saturday the 4th September at 5:00 and the exhibition will run for one week. I'll be giving a talk (Art Quilts: the Musical) on Saturday afternoon (at 3:00) followed by the official opening. You'll find me teaching the lovely Irish quilters on Sunday and Monday. Wish me luck!

6 comments:

geni said...

Love your landscape quilt!

Karen said...

.....so cool! Can I come along as ur assisstant? ;)

Jane Moxey said...

Oooh how lovely. Be sure to bring some new Irish phrases back, begorrah!

WoolenSails said...

That sounds like a wonderful trip for you.
I got some books from the library, but books confuse me, lol. I just need to sit down and play with my fabric and see what I come up with.

Debbie

YankeeQuilter said...

Enjoy! My grandmother was from Cork...try and get out to the countryside if you get a chance!

Siobhan

Em said...

Holy Camoly! I am so excited and inspired by your art creations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So fortunate that I have found you tonight. Thank you for sharing your talent and wish I could be with you across the ocean at your class.