Monday, August 23, 2010

Round the Quilting World

Round the Quilting World


Look what my friend Denise made! She saw my recent Quilting Arts article about my round Pretty Planet quilts and decided to give it a go. She did a great job making her own version along with hand stitching and beautiful color choices.
And here's her quilt with the first page of the article. Its always fun to see what people are making. Thanks for sharing your work with us Denise!
My friend Barbara from British Columbia also made a Pretty Planet quilt. This is her version depicting all that is great about the Pacific Northwest. I love the addition of 3-D elements. Yikes! Is that a bear?  Thank you Barbara!

6 comments:

Jackie said...

Just wonderful versions! Beautiful!

Karen said...

...I love em! What mag is that in?

WoolenSails said...

That is a beautiful and fun piece and I like the one you have for the gallery. I checked our library and found the fusing fun book, so I ordered that one.

Debbie

Nancy said...

Well done! I enjoyed that article and making one is on my "to-do" list.

Sewconsult said...

Such happy looking quilts. You always make me smile back at your picture!
Beckie

Loreen Leedy said...

Fun ideas! I enjoy reading your blog, Laura!