Saturday, October 30, 2010

Something New from the Studio

For the past few weeks I've been doing something sinfully wonderful.....making new art work! Of course, Frieda and I will have our pattern quilts on display in our booth at the International Quilt Festival. But we will also show our newest pieces. This little number above is part of my Small World series. Please stop into the Artfabrik booth (#434) to see the final stitched quilt.
I made this quilt during a visit by a good friend. We stood side by side at the fusing table and both made small pieces of art work. My fusing table is just at the right height to stand at comfortably and is covered with a large teflon sheet that you can fuse onto. It was her second fused quilt and my 12th in the Small World series. I am slowly winning her to the dark side.

1 comment:

Diane J. Evans said...

Wow, do I have Iron Envy!! That's a great-looking iron, and I'll bet it really does the fusing job to perfection. And I love the new piece, too.

Diane