Monday, November 22, 2010

Back in the Studio!

It's so good to be back in my studio making more art work! To warm up, I always start with an improvisational piece from my pile of fused fabrics scraps left over from other projects. Ah! Memories! Working with these fused confetti scraps makes the quilt designing fast, easy, and gets my imagination churning.
Here we have Small World #13 made with those tasty left overs. In the evenings I work on the hand stitching. Not only is it relaxing, but it's like extending my creative time a few more hours each day. Can't get enough creative time!

5 comments:

Karen said...

...adorable.

Exuberant Color said...

working with the scraps always makes a mess but produces wonderful things! Scraps are more fun than yardage.

liniecat said...

love your work, such fun colours and delightful looking little neighbourhoods......what a treat they are..

WoolenSails said...

I was thinking of doing that with my scraps, a good way to use them up and just play and see what I come up with.

Debbie

Diane J. Evans said...

So you take mere "scraps" and produce this beautiful piece of art -- gosh, I wish I could turn MY scraps into something that looked like this. It's simply delightful. Your talent and creativity are limitless, Laura.

Diane