Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Fanciful Stitches, Colorful Quilts
My new book, Fanciful Stitches, Colorful Quilts, is in line for printing with a due date of February, 2011. I can hardly wait to show you the projects inside! If the proofs are any indicator, C&T Publishing has done another bang up job. (They always make me look good.)

Beginning next week, Tuesday, December 7, I'd like to give you a special treat. Each week I'll post a project from the book and talk a little about the design, construction, and stitching of the project. These are all house quilts or at least abode related. And although I wanted to call the book "Stitch the House Down", I'm pretty sure Fanciful Stitches, Colorful Quilts is a worthy title. So please return next week for our first episode of Fanciful Stitches, Colorful Quilts, the story of a young quilter with a needle and a dream!

10 comments:

Maggie Szafranski said...

How wonderful to get a sneak preview!

Karen said...

Big congrats on your new book...can't wait til next week ;)

Quilthaze said...

The book looks great! I'll be tuning in next week to see your project.

Quilt or Dye said...

Oh, I adore that idea! Thank you!!

Lisa said...

Congratulations! The proof looks fabulous. Can't wait to see your previews. Thanks for sharing your talents!

West Michigan Quilter said...

Congratulations on the book! Can't wait to see it. I'm looking forward to your next posts where you share your talents with us. Thanks!

Jane Moxey said...

I got my C & T Spring Catalog yesterday in the mail and was excited to see the page about your upcoming book. Looking forward to the blog bits coming up!!

Nicki Lee said...

Hi Laura,
This is my first time visitng your blog and what a nice surprise to find that I have a couple of YOUR books! I have just spent about an hour roaming around and I love everything! Congratulations on your new book - I've already added you to my favorites and look forward to checking in on you and seeing all your new creations and lesosns.

WoolenSails said...

I can't wait to see the preview, the book sounds wonderful. I need to practice with things like this, then I can get my own sense of style.

Debbie

Diane J. Evans said...

Laura, you don't need anyone to make you look good -- you do that beautifully. I can't wait to see the projects and, of course, to have my very own copy of your new book. Congrats!

Diane