Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thread-u-cation Thursdays: ACES Again!

In my never ending quest to bring embroidery stitches to the masses, I present to you another episode of ACES. ACES (the Association for Combining Embroidery Stitches) is dedicated to uniting stitches and stitchers around the world.

In this week's episode, we take a simple shape (not unlike that of a light bulb) and quickly converted into a one of our feathered friends through the miracle of stitch combinations. Note the Fern Stitch tail feathers, Couched legs and toes, and Buttonhole Stitching around the body. Add a few Straight Stitches, Scattered Seed Stitches, and the odd French Knot and suddenly it's a bird on a mission.

Check out my tutorials for creating all these stitches on the Thread-u-cation page. And then join ACES and get your stitches together!

1 comment:

WoolenSails said...

I love how you did the couching on the feet. I usually use thread. I did get a couching foot for my machine, so that is fun to use too.

Debbie