Thursday, December 09, 2010

Thread-u-cation Thursdays: ACES Again!

As we continue our soap opera, As the Stitch Turns, we find a member of ACES (the Association for Combining Embroidery Stitches) searching for a stitch combination that is easy to stitch and non-brain taxing. She is a dedicated stitcher but currently over-taxed by too much celebrating of the season.
While dozing in her comfy stitching chair, our stitcher dreams of this simple stitch combination X-X-X, Cross Stitch, Straight Stitch, Cross Stitch, Straight Stitch. At last, a stitch combination for the overwhelmed stitcher who fears ridicule by the ACES community. Another disaster averted!
The End.

4 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Congratulations to Karen!
I think that is a good stitch for me, lol.
I notice in the threads that you have pearl cotton.
What do you use for a needle when you use thicker threads?

Debbie

Laura Wasilowski said...

I like to use the size 3 or size 4 embroidery needles for stitching a Size 8 pearl cotton thread. If you work with heavier threads, like a size 5 pearl cotton, use a size 3 or 1 embroidery needle. There is a chart under Thread-u-cation that may help you pair your embroidery needle with your thread.
You can see the needles here:
http://artfabrik.com/store/notions.html

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

Still not embroidering myself but you keep intriguing me with all these stitches and your fun stories that go along with them. I just may have to add some of them to my work.

Gale, pursuing as much as I can as fast as I can! said...

OOooooo! So glad the disaster was averted! Would not like to see the overtaxed stitcher ostracized by her fellow ACES!! :-)