Thursday, December 30, 2010

Thread-u-cation Thursdays: ACES Unite!

 In my never ending quest to bring embroidery stitches to the masses, I present to you another episode of ACES. ACES, the Association for Combining Embroidery Stitches, uniting stitches and stitchers around the world. With ACES you never stitch alone.

In this week's episode, we combine the Scattered Seed Stitch and the Cross Stitch. Like little soldiers lined up on a  battle field of fabric, they form an alliance against the dreaded Herringbone Stitch.  Note the orderly combination that  builds pattern and unity across the fabric plain. The dreaded, fearsome Herringbone Stitch has not a chance!

Check out my tutorials for creating all these and other brave stitches on the Thread-u-cation Page. Join ACES and get your stitching act together!

2 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I need to sit down with some fabric and threads and try the stitches and different sized threads, that would be a good way to practice, before I make something.

Debbie

anna said...

Those are the awesome shops I wanna tell you guys. womens polo boots.I mean I am serious for this,balance braceletsyou can just simple choose this option and pick what you want.winter bootsyou can just simple choose this option and pick what you want. power balance bracelet wholesale .