Thursday, January 06, 2011

ACES Again!

The quest for stitch serenity continues for a fellow ACES member! ACES, the Association for Combining Embroidery Stitches, uniting stitches and stitchers around the world. With ACES your stitches have friends.

In today's episode of ACES we find our intrepid stitcher at home in her palatial estate contemplating her palatial place. But alas, something is missing. It's a lovely abode, but in need of a little landscaping. No matter. It's ACES to the rescue!
By adding a few stitch combinations here and there (plus the oft needed hedge prune) our stitcher creates an lovely landscape that any pruner would admire. She makes inviting vegetative stuff lining the walkway with a stitch combo of Lazy Daisy and Straight Stitches. Then she repeats those same stitches on the tree trunks and tree tops. It is horticultural bliss.

Her home is now complete thanks to ACES! ACES friend of gardeners and tree trimmers everywhere.

6 comments:

Beth from Maine said...

I love that combo and what a wonderful overall effect.

Алена said...

It is wonderful!!! I love you picture!

WoolenSails said...

You make it look so easy and fun.
I think everyone should make mini pieces for fun.

Debbie

Gale, pursuing as much as I can as fast as I can! said...

Lawn of the Month, for sure!!! Thanks for the inspiration .. I'm off to do some "landscaping" of my own!!!

Diane J. Evans said...

Wish my front lawn looked like this -- do you make house calls?

I just love this piece, Laura -- your work always makes me smile so.

Diane

Cedar Ridge Studio said...

A nice way to start the day-looking at Laura's blog
Mary Ann