Saturday, January 08, 2011

Material Ways Exhibit at the Fine Line

Seedpods

Fine Line Creative Arts Center in St. Charles. IL will host “Material Ways,” an exhibit of art quilts created by our Illinois and Wisconsin regional members of SAQA,  Studio Art Quilters Alliance. The show will take place in Fine Line’s Kavanagh Gallery from January 8 – February 19, 2011 with the opening reception scheduled for Saturday, January 8th from 1:30pm – 4pm. Gallery hours are Monday through Sunday from 10am until 5pm.

You can see my quilt, Seedpods, along with art work from: Frieda Anderson, Gail Baar, Patricia Bergh, Pat Bishop, Kathy Downie, Deborah Fell, Mary Ellen Heus, Nancy Kimpel, Pat Kroth, Barbara Lardon, Karen Linduska, Stephanie Nordlin, BJ Parady,, Jeanne, Pfister, Casey Puetz, Jill Robinson, Katherine Sands, Virginia Spiegle, Sue Spurlock, and Tracy McCabe Stewart.

The Fine Line Creative Arts Center is where I taught my first classes many years ago. It is an educational center devoted to helping individuals nurture their creative energies. It provides year-round classes in a wide range of media including weaving, knitting, crochet, machine knitting, dyeing, jewelry, glass, blacksmithing, pottery, painting, drawing, printmaking and papermaking. Check it out and nurture your creative energies!

6 comments:

Gene Black said...

I love your Seed Pods. It is a very nice abstraction.

Cedar Ridge Studio said...

I really like your Seed Pods.
Great colors ( I might get hooked on color yet instead of my muted theme) It just brightens this winter landscape.

Wendy said...

I LOVE your Seedpods Laura!
Beautiful!
=-)

Gabriela said...

Laura, your quilt is fabulous!!!!!!!!!!

Sherrie said...

Laura,
The reception was so nice today! I loved your quilts. What a great way to spend an afternoon on a cold winter day.
Sherrie

anna said...

Coach Hobos Bags.Those are the awesome shops I wanna tell you guys Movado Bold,Baby Carriers I mean I am serious for this, you can just simple choose this option and pick what you want,power balance,winter boots,ecco shoesyou can just simple choose this option and pick what you want.Bakugan Toys.coach outlet store.