Sunday, February 06, 2011

Guest Artist: Inspired by Color

 Here is a beautiful stole designed and created by Vivika DeNegre for her pastor. The predominantly green color is used most during the liturgical year but I love how she has interspersed hits of orange, yellow, and purple in the design. When I look closely at the stole, I recognize many of my hand dyed fabrics. Vivika says I am one of her favorite dyers! What a sweet thing to say! And how wonderful to be part of this beautiful piece of work. Thank you, Vivika, for sharing with us.

4 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Beautiful piece and love the dyed fabrics.

Debbie

Leslie McNeil of MarveLes Art Studios said...

THAT... is FABULOUS! Thank you for sharing, Laura.

Maud said...

What a stunning piece. It pays to start out with beautiful, quality materials...makes all the difference in the finished product.
Maud

dj said...

I can vouch for the authenticity of a Minn. farm.
But, I don't remember that many hills! haha!
Fun Quilts - looking forward to your new book.
dj