Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Can This Studio Be Saved?


Three years ago my new studio furniture and lighting were installed. Mike from Tracey's Tables delivered 2 new sewing tables, 2 large quilt storage cabinets, and a raised table for fusing/creating. Isn't it pretty?

And then disaster struck!

A few days ago my beloved dryer passed away. (Sob!)  I had to clear the stairwell to get the old dryer upstairs and the new dryer down stairs. Everything on the stairwell ended up in my sewing studio including 3 bookcases full of books!

I hope my new dryer appreciates all the effort we went to getting it into place.

8 comments:

Vivika said...

"One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries." -A. A. Milne


My Mantra!

QuilterLaura said...

Sorry about the dryer....happened to me last year. I was shocked to find out how much new ones cost! Anyway, I feel TOTALLY COOL NOW!!! Why?...you may ask??? Well, I see in your photo that I have the same sewing maching as Laura Wasilowski! Never knew I was so cool....now if I could just get one of those amazing irons!

Mommarock said...

Well, that's one way to get you to clean your room young lady!! LOL. Now have you been "meaning to" go through your stuff and organize and sort through your things?? Is this someone's way of telling you... now is the time? I always try to find the good in any situation, and make the best of it.. I can't WAIT to have a sewing room, and all the goodies that go with it.. dreamin... only dreamin... LOL..

WoolenSails said...

Every time I clean up my studio, I start making new messes, so it is never ending;)

Debbie

Gayle from MI said...

Psshhhht! At least your piles are neat. I am in the process of redoing my space but have turned the corner where I can see MOST of my floor.

Pearl said...

I love this blog. Always makes me smile, and I learn stuff too.

Sharon Robinson said...

Aww, it's only temporary, plus now you get to browse through all the books you forgot you owned. Thanks for posting these, I love looking at other people's studio designs, and fantasizing about something other than the dining room table. Not that I fantasize about my table, you understand.

Haley Blain said...

RIP drye r :/ TFS! its in a better place now..