Friday, March 25, 2011

Digital Sketchbook Page 4: Can a Dot Bring You Happiness?

Digital Sketch
You know how a good dot livens up art work. That hit of color speckling the surface draws your eye right to it. Dots are like diamonds attracting us but without the expense. One of the texture making tools on the Art Studio app for the Ipad makes dots. As you can see above in my digital sketch, dots rule! How very exciting!

The French Knot is my dot of choice when adding hand embroidery to the surface of fused art quilts. A single French Knot makes a dignified door knob. Line them up and you build jolly patterns on the roof tops. Scatter French Knots around and they build up happy textures on shrubery that look like flowers.

Ah the dot! I've never met a dot I didn't love.

3 comments:

Pearl said...

I'm convinced - Dots rule!

WoolenSails said...

That is a great program and nice to be able to try out ideas before you actually stitch them.

Debbie

Betty Jo said...

I love your digital sketch. I have a Wacom Intuos4 sketch pad and I LUV digital sketching. I wonder if it does dots. I like your dots. So cool. Cheers, BJ (Sewdreamy)