Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Empty Spools Seminar at Asilomar

Every once in a while I need a week away to create. That's why I like the Empty Spools Seminars at Asilomar in Pacific Grove, CA (as seen above). For 6 glorious days you can relax and renew your creative energies. At Asilomar, I always make new friends, can concentrate on making art (when I'm not teaching), and am inspired by all the wonderful art made by others in this beautiful setting.
  If you haven't been there, please consider my class, Translating Ideas into Fabric, beginning the week of April 3. We'll take your images, sketches, or ideas and convert them into fabric all through the miracle of fusing!

And if you'd like to hear more about the Empty Spools Seminars, please visit the C&T Publishing Digital Lounge tonight at 6:00 pm PST (7:00pm MT;  8:00pm CT;  9:00pm ET). I'll be there and you can ask me anything you like. Well not that; but you know what I mean.

5 comments:

Gale, pursuing as much as I can as fast as I can! said...

I can't wait, Laura! I'll be driving across the country (from Florida) to enjoy the travel, the setting and the classes. See you there!

Laura Wasilowski said...

Great Gale! We'll have fun with fabric together. Can't wait to see you at Asilomar!

WoolenSails said...

Love the piece with the birds, beautiful color choices.
Is the background a fabric or did you dye/paint it?

Debbie

Laura Wasilowski said...

Hi Debbie,
The background fabrics are all hand-dyed by my little hands. The light purple is in a crackle texture and the green in a gradated stripey fabric I purposely made to make and asparagus quilt one time.

susan said...

I LOVE the use of the green behind the trees! Looks like more trees! My favorite color is green so what can I say about your next pic except that it is beautiful! I learn so much by looking at what you're doing! Enjoy Asilomar~ wish I could be there!