Sunday, March 20, 2011

Guest Artist: Woman Takes Vegetable to New Heights!

My friend, Stephanie Nordlin, stopped by the other day and brought her new quilt with her. Isn't this sweet?
Stephanie an excellent seamstress and winner of many a best-of-show award for garment making, but she is also into printing and dyeing fabrics. See that cabbage the bunny is nibbling? Stephanie printed that on the fabric with green textile paint. And here's the kicker. She used the sliced off base of a head of Romaine lettuce as her stamp. She will romaine in my admiration forever! Lettuce all applaud!

7 comments:

Sarah in Houston said...

lettuce! Romaine! You are 'terrible'!!

Greenmare said...

oh that is fabulous! Your puns however................ leaf a lot to be desired............
gotcha!

Mary-Kay said...

Ha, ha! You are so funny! Very witty too.

WoolenSails said...

Love her piece and all the details.
I like the writing she did, something I want to do more of and need to practice free motion writing.

Debbie

Beth from Maine said...

I am groaning with Sarah...but isn't that one of the reasons I read your blog???

Diane N said...

Dear, dear Laura. You are so punny!

The quilt is beautiful and I have some new ideas to steal now! Thank you!

Dianne said...

No matter what the subject you Leaf us all laughing!
You make my days brighter and that is a great gift - thank you!