Monday, March 21, 2011

Is It Spring Yet? Cause I'm Not Feelin' It

Apple Orchard
Toiling away in my cold, dark basement this winter, I've held on to one idiotic dream: someday Spring will arrive! Inspired by this naive thought, I've created 3 sunny landscape patterns that are now available on the Arfabrik web site. Apple Orchard recalls my childhood and the variety of apples we grew in our orchard.  One apple variety was called a "Prairie Spy". How intriguing!
Trees on Blue River
Trees on Blue River is a tribute to every winding river that found its way to the sea.This one flows across some dry plain where the plants are just coming alive. Makes me thirsty just looking at it.
Trees by the Stream
And Trees by the Stream recalls those lazy summer days when the plants are lush and you find a spot of shade near a stream, and take a long nap. Yes, Virginia, there is a Spring! And in Illinois it should hit sometime in June.

7 comments:

Vivika said...

I like your "Springy" direction... and just rec'd my copy of QA this weekend. Congrats on another great article.
V

Gene Black said...

We are having spring in Alabama. Yesterday my outside thermometer read "80F" I call that spring in Alabama. Some places call that summer.

upstateLisa said...

I love your quilts!! Not looking much like spring today cuz it is snowing here in upstate NY!!! UGH

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

I just found your blog by accident, while I was wandering around. I love it!! I am a beginner quilter but have tried a little bit of applique and some fusible stuff, but am inspired by all these beautiful pictures to try some more.

WoolenSails said...

I thought spring was here, but now it is snowing, I give up, lol. Good day to work on my fun projects, one for spring.

Debbie

ellen gets crafty said...

Another great instructional article in Quilting Arts. Can't wait to try it.

Wristbandit said...

I love the simplicity of your designs and the beautiful choices of color.

Zen Doodling, great title, beautiful piece.