Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thread-u-cation Thursdays: Why Does This Woman Need a Big Eraser?

Me and my eraser erasing mistakes in Vegas.
It's true, perfection is not one of my strong points. And when hand stitching fused art quilts, occasionally a mistaken stitch is applied to the quilt top. Do we wail or gnash our teeth?

YES!!!  And, after a deep breath, we simply remove the offending thread.
This is the beauty of adding hand stitching to your quilt tops. You can always pull out the thread if you don't like it. We are so lucky not to be stone sculptors. Imagine! One wrong hit of the hammer and you can lose a limb!     I mean the limb on the sculpture, not your actual limb.
Big Thread
So feel free to pull out your hand embroidery stitches if you don't like them. Erase those needle marks by stroking the tip of your needle across the fabrics to get the fabric weave back into place. No one will ever know. I mean it's not lopping off a toe or something.

5 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I do a lot of pulling out, lol.
Easy to do and the only way to learn is to practice.

Debbie

Gale, pursuing as much as I can as fast as I can! said...

Dang! I thought you were going to give us some marvelous insight on how to get rid of the oopsy stitch with an eraser!!! That would've been awesome!!

(And by the way ... are there any mistakes in Vegas?? And don't they usually use explosives, and lots of 'em??? :0)

Sherrie Spangler said...

I swear I saw that same eraser in Seattle!

mj said...

Great work! I like it.



Alaska Fishing Lodge | Real Estate |
Washington State Speeding Ticket | SEO Dallas |
Alaska Hunting Guides

Laura Bueno said...

Gostei muito do seu blog !!

Outro blog que eu tambem gostei foi esse >> atelierlaurabueno.blogspot.com

PS: I AM FROM BRAZIL !!