Saturday, March 19, 2011

Want a Preview of a New Class?




Soon I'm off to the wonderful  Empty Spools Seminar in Asilomar, CA. This pilgramage to the shores of the mighty Pacific Ocean always reminds me of one thing: I can't swim. And that's why I am prepared! Or at least  prepared for the class I'm teaching.

In the class, Translating Ideas into Fabric, students will present their next great quilt design and possibly complete it that same week. Their ideas may be in the form of a sketch, photo, or just a vague idea. 
 Through modern technology, advanced fusing techniques, and the will of many people, we'll converted their ideas into fabric. It's a miracle!
 Asilomar is a delightful place to create, make new friends, and to take all those quilt ideas rambling around in your head and make them real. Just don't ask me to go for a swim.

4 comments:

Leslie McNeil of MarveLes Art Studios said...

looking forward to seeing the results/fun/swimming in fabric in your blog when you come back!

WoolenSails said...

Wish I lived closer, love how you interpret pictures into quilts. I need to work on a new one using background fabrics too.

Debbie

soren2go said...

I live in Alameda not all that far from Asilomar. Someday I am absolutely going to get there for a class. Will you get in to town? Be sure and visit the Monterey Bay Aquarium.

Laura Wasilowski said...

The Monterey Bay Aquarium is wonderful! I recently saw a sea horse exhibit there. Wow! What unusual creatures they are.
Laura