Monday, March 28, 2011

Where Does Inspiration Come From? May I Have the Address Please?

Coleen's Calling Bird #18
Today I woke up to the sound of birds tweeting like crazy! Like musicians, dancers, and comedians, they entertain the world with their antics. They are so cheerful and happy to be alive! And that's why I make bird quilts.
It's important to find something that inspires you to create art work. Is it the rich color of a sunset, the texture of a rusty old farm implement, or the sweet voice of a little bird?

Look out for inspiration. It's lurking around every corner just waiting to grab your attention!

3 comments:

WoolenSails said...

That really is a wonderful piece and love how she made a unique bird bath from something she saw. I will have to think outside the box and get some ideas.

Debbie

deborah said...

Your words are an inspiration to me!
Love this bird quilt - so cheerful-

Sherrie Spangler said...

I love birds, too! They're always so cheerful. I put a picture of your thread on my blog AGAIN, this time because I packed it in a little travel kit. I wouldn't go anywhere without Artfabrik thread. (I didn't go anywhere anyway, because the flight was canceled.)