Friday, April 15, 2011

Did King Tut Quilt?

Recently I came across an image of this quilt, Princess Louise's Poppies #2. A photo of it appears in Fuse and Tell  and now the belongs to a lovely woman who purchased it from me a while back.
It's good to review what you've made in the past and see it with fresh eyes. For instance, in this quilt you see a small hit of that sweet black batik fabric. That's all it takes to add interest to the flowers.
The flowers are based upon an Ancient Egyptian inspired wallpaper design I encountered in a well appointed bathroom. A pharaoh would have loved them. I bet he'd love the indoor plumbing too.

5 comments:

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

love these! Just goes to show that inspiration can come from anyplace!!

Linda said...

I love this quilt! It is in my favorite colors. The design is also really nice!!

Diane J. Evans said...

I have always loved this quilt, Laura -- it sings!

Diane

Donna Becker said...

Yep, the flowers look a lot like the palm frond fans that we always see in ancient drawings of the Eqyptian pharaohs. But your colors are much more fun!

WoolenSails said...

I love taking designs from old illustrations.
I am thinking of trying a flower piece to get some practice and have fun with fabrics.

Debbie