Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Empty Spools Retreat at Asilomar

Main hall at Asilomar
A week at Asilomar is a week of laughter, friendship, and learning. We are in day 3 of the Empty Spools Seminar here on the Pacific coast and my students are creating wonderful work!

Each member of this feisty group is designing their own fused art quilts based upon a sketch, photo, or improvisational design. You'll find fish, trees, sea horses, gardens, and even windmills in process. My friend, Mary, has even created a pattern from a photo of her old car!

It's a heavenly place to create!

4 comments:

Vivika said...

I DREAM of spending a week on the California coast with my sewing machine as a date... When I lived in San Francisco, I had no idea that there were seminars like that just down the road a few miles. Someday my TX to Big Sur will include a week at Asilomar!

deborah said...

What a wonderful time you must be having - a lovely setting with so many creative people!

WoolenSails said...

It sounds like you are having a wonderful time at the retreat and meeting a lot of wonderful ladies.

Debbie

bubbygigi said...

I'm leaving for Asilomar on April 15th for a class with Rosemary Eichorn and can't wait to get there. I went last year for a class in quilting with beads with Thom Atkins and had to come back again this year.
Gita