Monday, April 11, 2011

Is Your Eye as Stiff as Cardboard?

I wish you had been with us at the Empty Spools Seminar in Asilomar. Our group of 12 hearty souls in our classroom high on a hill overlooking the Pacific was so enjoyable. Sigh! I shall miss them!
video
 Here's a quick slide show of original quilts from the talented students attending the Translating Ideas into Fabric Workshop. It is a sampler of 1 quilt from each of the lovely attendees. Some of the gals made several quilt tops. As the week wore on we became good friends, wrote a few goofy lyrics, and made a communal doodle. (You'll see Diana holding it in the opening shot.)

We also collected a set of phrases overheard in the classroom as people were making their art. My favorite quote was from one frustrated fuser who at one point said, "My eyeball is a stiff as cardboard!" Can you guess what quilt that pertains to?

3 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful pieces, but that chicken makes me smile, what a fun piece.

Debbie

Trish Williams said...

A very talented group who had a wonderful teacher.

Gale, pursuing as much as I can as fast as I can! said...

Yes indeed, Trish - we had a WONDERFUL teacher!!! What a fun class!