Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Packin' Up, Headin' Out! Why I'm Headin' South

 It's that time of year again! The great migration to the AQS Show in Paducah, KY  takes place next week. That's why Frieda and I are packing our wares for the great journey South. Alas, it takes me days of struggle to get things organized and into boxes for transport in our trusty van.
The boxes store books, and patterns, and fabrics, and threads, and quilts, and a container of snacks to keep Frieda from longing for her dog, George.
George in a rare pensive moment.
Someday I'm going to get a dog so I have an excuse for eating all those snacks.
Come see us in booth # 1905!

8 comments:

WoolenSails said...

That will be a great show to be at, hope you will get lots of photos for those of us, who can't attend. Love the puppy, I need to do some like that with my pets.

Debbie

YankeeQuilter said...

Hi Laura, I'll try and find you through the crowds! I'm heading north to Paducah Tuesday...first I need to pack some really comfortable shoes!

Leslie McNeil of MarveLes Art Studios said...

And I for one, will live vicariously through the both of you as you eat and plot and plan your way to Paducah! (even though I have a dog - I'll eat anyway!) HAVE A GREAT TIME!

Amy said...

You will have to check out my quilt...It is part of the Alliance for American Quilts Contest and titled Sunflowers on the Plains and it is fused along with some hand stitching.

Gale, pursuing as much as I can as fast as I can! said...

Safe travels to you, and have a wonderful time! (how can you not??) I'll be cosmicly sending people your way while lounging on the beach :o)

Inmapatchwork said...

Nos vemos el 10 de mayo en su curso en Madrid
Saludos

Frannie said...

Sounds like a fun show. Be safe on the road. Enjoy and take lots of pictures.

Greenmare said...

oh I am imagining what a FUN road trip that is!!! I'll loan you our dog so you can just snack away!
I am totally jealous that I am not going too. but I'm sure there are going to be fabulous posts about all of it.