Saturday, April 23, 2011

With Friends Like This.....

With friends like this........you have fun! This is Melody Johnson and me after a week-long teaching gig in Japan years ago. We're just kickin' back. Doing our geisha thing. I could not stop laughing!
Mel was the impetus behind our company, Artfabrik. We met many years ago and formed a strong friendship. And although she now lives far away, she is always there with me. Why you ask? Because it was Melody that introduced me to the fine art of fusing and I'll always be grateful. Thanks Mel!

Today Melody is giving away my book, Fanciful Stitches, Colorful Quilts, on her blog. You'll see her beautiful work and love hearing about her garden, art, and new life in Tennessee. I hear she also preforms occasionally down at the local sushi shop.

6 comments:

Gene Black said...

The Geisha pictures are great! Thanks for the heads up on Melody's blog. I had to read several entries. She does some great work.

WoolenSails said...

What fun photos and a wonderful memory.
I have been following the hop and enjoying meeting new bloggers.

Debbie

Dolores said...

Love the Geisha pictures! What beautiful colors of fabric. Melody's work is very nice!

Jezibels ~ sproutbabysprout.blogspot.com said...

Are you really in Elgin? Im near Elgin (Bartlett) and have lots of family roots in elgin, small world!

moosestashquilting said...

I see a great beginning for a fun photo quilt!! Maybe some of that special LW fun fusing on it too!!!

Jane LaFazio said...

oh my, I love the photo of you two!