Thursday, May 19, 2011

Come Meet the Friendly Spanish Quilters

I have so many fond memories of my recent trip to Spain to share with you. Thanks to Rosario Casanovas for hosting my 2 day class at her shop near the lovely little town of St. Feliu de Boada, Girona.  Here is the picturesque, Can Barrull where we stayed. What a wonderful place to begin a tour of Spain!
Can Barrull in St. Feliu de Boada
The Spanish quilters are so friendly and talented! For 2 days, they fused and stitched quilts from the Tools of the Trade series of sewing implements. Some made individual quilts and some combined different tools to make larger quilts.
Talented Spanish quilters at Rosario's shop
It's true I couldn't follow all the conversations. But the themes remain the same no matter where you are from: family, fabric, and funny things too delicate to mention here.
Alex hard at work in the classroom above the shop.
From her involvement with the Spanish Patchwork Society, to quilt teacher, to owner of R.C. Patchwork, Rosario Casanovas is known world wide. She's the best networker I've ever met!
And Rosario is a delightful person. I am so grateful to her for this lovely trip to Girona. Please stay tuned tomorrow for more photos of my visit to the quilt makers of Madrid and Zaragoza. Ole!

3 comments:

YankeeQuilter said...

Looks like a wonderful trip!

Linda said...

Oh, how fun! Looks like you had a blast!

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful place to visit and hold a workshop.
I am still practicing with my fusing and small art pieces, need more practice, lol.

Debbie