Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Frieda Knows Way Too Much About Me


 The best part of being Frieda Anderson's friend is that I can be myself. Her acceptance of my many foibles fills my heart with gladness. Of course she is merciless in her ability to make fun of me as well. For example, her pet name for me is  "woodpecker head" (cause my hair has a tendency to stick up early in the morning).

Frieda wrote this book. You should buy it!
Frieda and I travel and vend together often. We both live in Elgin, IL, so when we're both in town we go out to lunch and chat. The first 30 minutes of the conversation is usually complaining. But after that we're all business. Hah!
Woodland Treasures by Frieda Anderson. You should buy it.
It's not always easy being Frieda's friend. She makes absolutely beautiful art quilts. It's hard not to be jealous of her talent. But then I remember that I have that really cool hairdo in the morning that she doesn't have and feel much better.

And you'll feel better too especially if you visit her blog today because you may win a copy of my book, Fanciful Stitches, Colorful Quilts!

4 comments:

Linda said...

I love reading your blog. It always puts a smile on my face in the mornings!

GerryART said...

Isn't it wonderful having a friendship such as the one the two of you enjoy.
hugs,
Gerry

Frieda said...

I LOVE you too Laura (woodpecker head) Wasilowski.

cindy said...

Thanks, I needed the little chuckle and reality check.