Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Gardening Tip #1: Conversing with Squirrels


Every year we plant geraniums in our blue pots on the front porch. Sure there's some argument over color choice and where to place the pots. But our biggest problem is the squirrels. Squirrels think freshly planted flower pots are prime real estate for underground storage.

I'd like to talk to a squirrel and find out just what he's thinking.
Geraniums from Gus
Fortunately, I have a quilt with geraniums that can be viewed year round. (Hah! Take that you dumb squirrel!)

Geraniums from Gus is part of an alphabet series that I started long ago and is based upon my annual Mother's Day gift from my children, garden flowers.

7 comments:

Gene Black said...

You need to add a squirrel to the Geranium quilt!

Gale, pursuing as much as I can as fast as I can! said...

i TOTALLY agree with Gene!

Laura Wasilowski said...

I never thought of adding a squirrel! Gene you are brilliant!

Sewconsult said...

I talk to the squirrels, too, but more of my conversations are with the chipmunks that look so darn cute, but a devious little creatures. One must be the father. He sits on his haunches and nods off to sleep as if he were in his recliner. Every once in a while, his head dips and he wakes, but back to sleep quickly.
Beckie in Brentwood, TN

Theresa said...

Ha! I have been having this same problem with seedlings that I planted about a month ago! I walked out one day and there was a hole in each pot( along with a lot of my chives gone because I swear it was larger the day before!). It's actually nice to know that someone else is joining me in my frustration.

WoolenSails said...

I talk to my dog and cats, lol.
I think they actually listen too, not sure what that says about me;)

Debbie

begoş said...

Merhaba benim bahçemdede bordo ve pembesi var bu çiçeğin çok güzeller.Yaptığınız pachworkler süper..