Friday, May 27, 2011

Gardening Tip #3: Beware the Creeping Greenery


Here you see my innocent watering can sitting calmly by a healthy stand of ferns. What you don't know is that soon the ferns will surround the poor little watering can and hide it from me for the rest of the summer.

Here you see an innocent watering can with a few sneaky morning glories slowly creeping up on it. Soon the nasty morning glories will kidnap the watering can and hide it from me for the rest of the summer.

I lose more watering cans this way.

So this is my warning to you: gardening is dangerous work, beware the creeping greenery. And be thankful you aren't a watering can.

5 comments:

Gene Black said...

I think some of those plants (like kudzu) are metal eating aliens. Or maybe I have watched "Little Shop of Horrors" too many times......

Elizabeth said...

Mint will do it as well!! You have some amazingly healthy ferns, that will not dissuade our gardening!!!!
Meeting you and being a student in your class was a total delight. thank you so very much- you have really inspired me!!!

Linda said...

We lived in Georgia several years ago where Kudzu grows rampant. We knew a farmer who reported his tractor stolen just to have it reappear the next winter when the Kudzu died down! Kudzu can "eat a tree" in a week!

Theresa said...

Linda, that's too funny!

Dianne said...

YOU are hysterical!! I cannot tell you how lovely it is, after a long day at work, to come home and read one of your posts. You make me smile and my heart glad. Chuckle, chuckle, chuckle...you crack me up!!