Sunday, May 08, 2011

How to Learn Spanish as a Second Language


I was fortunate to have a solo exhibit of my art quilts while in Sitges, Spain at the Spanish Patchwork Festival in 2009. The exhibit took place in a municipal building a short walk from the building where I was teaching. It was so crowded at times, my husband, Steve, and I would sneak out for a glass of wine.

That's when I discovered that with 1 glass of wine I suddenly knew how to speak Spanish.

We are off to Spain again where I shall be teaching the lovely Spanish woman all about fusing and I shall again attempt to speak the language. If I could speak the language I would tell you that we will do this to the fabrics: pegar con la plancha. Ole!


Here's a slide show of the 2009 exhibit. And here's a video we took below.Wish me luck!


video

9 comments:

Karen said...

Rock. Star. :)

Maggie Szafranski said...

A glass of wine makes all of us muy cosmopolitan!

soren2go said...

Spain is on my bucket list of places to visit.

WoolenSails said...

I took french, so I can understand some, by the similarities, but when people speak fast in any language, I get lost.

Debbie

Sewconsult said...

¡Muy bien! Hasta la maña. Yo tuevo quatros años español en la escuela.
Beckie
(but I need to get Rosetta Stone to relearn so much!)

Lisa said...

Good Luck!

Donna Becker said...

LOL! Laura, you never fail to delight me with your humor and sunny outlook. I'm glad you're one of the faces of U.S.A. quilting there. Have a great time!

Greenmare said...

wine really is the wonder food isn't it?

Samantha said...

Watching Spanish tv shows is also a great way to help improve learning spanish online . The cartoon charactor "Dora" is an example how kids in the US are being taught on how to speak spanish. How i wish there was a tv show for adults too.