Saturday, May 07, 2011

A Recipe for Improvised Quilts

Need something enlightening to read? Look for a copy of the Summer edition of Art Quilting Studio where I discuss how I make my small improvised art quilts.

Here's a little excerpt from the article to wet your appetite:
One of the benefits of being a fuser is the the scrumptious left-over fabrics. These tasty fabrics, left over from other projects, are a blend of color, texture, and exotic shapes of unknown origin. They are also the basic ingredients for making instant improvised art work. 
Now doesn't that make you just want to rush out and fuse some fabric! If you need a few fusing tips read this page.


2 comments:

Linda said...

I am such a fan of the bright, beautiful color combinations you use! I also love whimsical, which fits you to a tee.
I haven't tried the fusing yet. I will have to rush out and buy the book!

WoolenSails said...

I like the idea of building a piece with small scraps, and making a photo style quilt. I bought lots of pellon the last time I was at the store, so all set.

Debbie