Saturday, June 18, 2011

Are We Thinking Clearly Yet?

Little Bird on the Prairie #13
A really good fortune from a fortune cookie can change your life. For example, my friend, Amy, keeps one in her purse that reads: "When in doubt, mumble". Now that's excellent advice to follow. Mumbling will save me from looking like a fool and save my voice at the same time!


Here's my fortune from a recent trip to a great Chinese restaurant with Amy during my visit to the Southern Comforters guild in Bowie, MD. It suggests that if I were to write more clearly, you'd understand what I'm thinking. (Good Luck! Even I don't have a clue as to what I'm thinking.)
But I do know that it was great fun visiting the Southern Comforters group. Not only do they have a great name for their guild, but their birds from the Fowl Play class were delightful! One student came up with this unique title for her quilt, "Kentucky Bourbon Wobbler". An apt description for the crazy birds they made. Thank you Southern Comforters for a wonderful visit!

3 comments:

Greenmare said...

and do they drink southern comfort at their meetings? If they do please let me know where I can sign up!

Gene Black said...

Yep, after all that bourbon, no wonder you don't know what you are thinking! Ha ha.

The bird quilts are lovely

WoolenSails said...

Love that bird piece, wonderful design and stitching.

Debbie